St. Anne Parish has a number of liturgical ministries to prepare the church for Mass. These include:
- Altar Servers: Assist during Mass as a youth (5th grade and older).
- Lectors: Adults and teenagers proclaim the Scripture readings and pray the General Intercessions during Mass.
- Eucharistic Ministers at Mass: Assist with the distribution of Holy Communion during Mass.
- Greeters/Ushers: Arrive 20 minutes before Mass to extend a welcome. Assist with seating individuals before and during Mass, take up the collections and provide other assistance as needed.
- Sacristans: Prepare the church for Mass and other liturgies in order to provide a welcoming environment, and assist the presider as needed.
- Music Ministry: Help lead the assembly in song as a cantor, choir member or instrumentalist.
- Prayers of the Faithful: Consider the needs of our community, church and world in light of the weekly scriptures, and write the petitions included in the Mass.
- Mass Hosts: Welcome parishioners by making the introduction for Mass and saying announcements at the conclusion of Mass.
- Master of Ceremonies for Larger Masses: Assist Father by managing the movement of crowds and coordinating servers during certain Masses.
- Third Saturday Social: Provide hospitality and refreshments after the 5pm Mass on the third Saturday of each month.
- Transportation to Mass or Parish Events: Volunteer to provide a ride to church or events.
- Children’s Liturgy: Adults gather children in 1st – 5th grade during the 10am Mass on Sunday. Celebrate the Liturgy of the Word through prayer, scripture and a reflection in language that is age appropriate.
We know that our gifts, callings, and availability change from time to time. We invite you to choose a way to become involved—as much as you are able—at any given time. If some kind of involvement looks interesting, but you’re not sure about signing up, ask us about taking a “test drive.” You will be matched with a mentor who can tell you more and help you try it out to see how it feels.